Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Week 4




Assignment: (Improve our Lincoln Mix)The assignment we have been working on was to mix one of our own pictures that we have taken and add Abraham Lincoln or part of him to our picture. We have been working on this project for about two or three weeks and we our now wrapping it up. We were supposed to make the focus of a picture clear and to make a print of our picture on 11x17 for this week.

 

Craft: (What I did and How )

When we had our critique it was evident that the message of my picture was not clear. The comments I received from my peers were very helpful and helped me decide on the message of my picture and to improve its clarity. From the comments I learned that just having Lincoln ’s face on one of my friends was pretty plain and wasn’t saying much. So I decided to add a wanted poster. The original poster was of the one for Lincoln ’s murderer and his accomplices. I decided to twist that by making it for Lincoln seeing that he is still alive and made his accomplices his vice president from his first term and my other friend who is in the picture. The way I did this was I took out of the names off the poster and switched them with those of Lincoln and his accomplices. Then I pasted the poster on the first layer and made a copy of that layer and put the poster in between the two layers. Finally, I erased the area where the poster was needed so the poster would show through.

 

Composition: (Elements)

The two most important things in my art are Lincoln ’s face and the poster. Previously Lincoln didn’t look realistic and you could definitely tell that this was photoshoped. Then the poster was the next important element to help the viewers see what I my message was. Adding the poster cleared up my message some what.

 

Concept: (My Message)

My message was very uncertain last time. I decided on what I want my message to be and it was to show Lincoln is still alive. Kind of like the Elvis, 2Pac, and Notorious BIG stories where they supposedly were killed but some people still claim they are alive. I was trying to play off those stories and make it seem like he was still alive and hiding seeing he was wearing some baggage clothes and a hood and hat. Another message that I thought would be funny to add is making Lincoln the first president who was a murderer and convicted. By adding the wanted poster behind him it showed that he was wanted and that he was still out in public defying the lay.

No comments:

Post a Comment